Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Breasts of Towers


If hotness can be described as much as an attitude as an appearance, then the title above is what I think of--and I get it from the Bible. I don’t know if you think of the Bible when you think of ‘hot girls’, but let me challenge you to reconsider. There is a woman in there that is the essence of “hotness.” You can find her in the little known but very juicy book Song of Songs. This is how her lover (yes, that is what they call him in there!) describes her:
“Your breasts are like two fawns
like twin fawns of a gazelle
that browse among the lilies.
Until the day breaks
and the shadows flee
I will go to the mountain of myrrh
and to the hill of incense.
All beautiful you are, my darling;
there is no flaw in you.” (Song of Songs 4:5-7) 
Are you blushing? Doesn’t he sound like he’s pretty happy with her physically, because you realize he’s speaking metaphorically, right? The 'lover' here is often contributed to be Solomon himself. As king of Israel, Solomon had a bunch of wives and even more concubines on the side. I wonder if he thought of them all this way, or perhaps because he had so much experience he had a special appreciation...? The Bible does say he was the wisest man to ever live... But I digress (and we don't know for certain that the poem is definitely indicating Solomon.)

Here is why I think she’s hot, though; read how she describes herself:
“I am a wall,
 and my breasts are like towers.
Thus I have become in his eyes
 like one bringing contentment.” (S.o.S. 8:10)
A wall. Surrounding a city, the treasure protected within. She is strength, she is safety, and the towers guide the way to the 'fortress.' Isn't this a wonderful metaphor for a confidence of what we can represent to our men? This girl KNOWS she’s hot. She knows her man is satisfied with her. She’s confident outwardly AND inwardly, enough to say her breasts are towers…she has the right attitude about herself, physically and emotionally.  She has accepted his view of her, that he is satisfied; and even beyond this, she realizes that the physical is linked to an emotional bond, a loving role of provision to her husband.
We will look at our Song of Songs girl a little more later, but there are a few other women of the Bible that are pretty hot, too.... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment